|Sign up for Disqus. This one is easy. Visit https://disqus.com/ and click on the Sign Up button to get started.|
|Once you've signed up, click the gear icon on the main screen and choose 'Add Disqus to Site'.|
You will then be taken to a screen asking you for information about your blog. Enter the required information and hit 'Finish registration'.
|From the Install screen click on 'Universal Code'.|
|Disqus will provide the code for the comments section that will go on your posts.|
|Open your HubSpot blog template for your posts from the Design Manager and click on the 'Edit Post Template' button.|
- Copy and paste the code from Disqus at the bottom of the page or wherever you want your comments section to appear.
- If you want to display the number of comments for each post on the listings page, continue following the steps in this tutorial.
- Copy the code Disqus provides in the How to display comment count section of the code installation page.
- Back in HubSpot in your blog Listing Template, click the 'Edit Listing Template' button.
- Paste the code at the bottom of your listing page.
- Add the code below somewhere inside the content in contents for loop where you want the comment count to appear. I have it to the right of the blog title on the listing page. The
[fa icon="comment"]part renders a comment bubble icon to the left of the number and can be replaced with whatever icon you like or nothing at all. Depending on your blog template, you may have to delete existing code that comment count that comes from the HubSpot commenting system.
And there you go. Visit your posts to verify that Disqus has been installed correctly and check out the listing page to see your new blog comment numbers in action.
How did you make out? Anything I can clarify in the post? Please share your experiences with using Disqus on your blog in the comments below.